Wednesday, January 4, 2006

To The Honourable Heather Forsyth,
My letter was printed in the GP Herald Tribune on July 22nd 2005. It was suggested to me to forward the letter to you as you are the minister of children's services. Here it is.
Sincerely,
Paige

July 21, 2005

The Honourable Ralph Klein
Premier of Alberta
307 Legislature Building
108 00 - 97th Avenue
Edmonton, AB
T5K 2B7

Dear Mister Premier:
I am a stay at home, home schooling mom of five living in Northern Alberta. My daughter wanted to write you a thank you letter for her centennial medallion, so I thought I’d add my two cents worth as well.
Last night, as my daughter was getting ready for bed, she came out and whispered “Mom, it makes me feel important that the Government of Alberta sent me something.” I responded that she was right in feeling important – because she is important. In your letter, you told my daughtors that they were the future of Alberta. This got me thinking about the importance of future Albertans. Our family moved to Northern Alberta because we wanted to find a place where our growing family could live on one income. We did this so that I could stay at home to care for and shape the character of our children. My goal is to instill in my children a love of God and of family. My vision for my children includes a strong character and work ethic. In the past 9 years as I have grown into motherhood, I have realized one thing for sure – No one cares about my children the way that I do. To be honest, if we couldn’t afford to live on one income, we’d change the way we live, we’d move, we’d live on macaroni and cheese before we’d accept a government subsidy for daycare. Our children’s character and moral development is that important to us.
Mr. Premier, in considering how to spend taxpayer’s money, please try to make it easier for us moms to choose to stay home. Daycare should be a last resort. Motherhood is a sacred calling and those who lay down careers for it should be commended.
If you truly value the future of Alberta, value those who are willing to sacrifice for it.

Sincerely,


Paige

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist