Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Almost time for fiddle camp! Aieeee! Such a long truck out to Saskatchewan, but how grateful am i that my husband decided to come with us??!!

Music has always been something that moves me... It's part of how i communicate & part of how i pray... Sitting down at my piano & playing ~ & singing ~ gives me something.

& yet, fiddle camp:)

can be hard...

i have to try to work with everyone & i don't know where i fit in. i feel like i need to be doing a hundred different things & yet never even knowing how to find one thing to do! i feel like during the year i 'should be doing more' & that somehow, i've failed my little guys by not being diligent enough with their music... it's a different style of music than the stuff that stirs me... & then there's the simple fact that i'm recharged by solitude (sounds crazy for a mom of 6) & being with other people 24/7 makes me insecure & tired.

But, it's not about me.

It's totally about the little people who have been thinking about & looking forward to this week *all year*... It's about all the people who have decided to make this little event a priority & are giving giving giving ~ my auntie cooks ALL the meals for ALL the people... & let me tell you, my auntie can cook... unbelievable... my uncle is hosting my sister & i (& 10 of our children) at his house & i can guarantee you there will be gummy worms & oreos stocked up in his cupboards. My cousin, who is single & a fiddle teacher, has prepared music, photocopies, & brings with her a fresh perspective & this incredible ability to *teach* so that my kids go home with new skills in their pockets every year. My mom & dad, travelling all the way from Victoria to help...

What an ungrateful little wretch i can be... *grin*...



3 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE that fiddle wall. Pretty sure we'll have a guitar wall like that :) - but I'll have to find someone to make those names....
I LOVED that song by the way - I'll write you tonight.
Hope your week goes great and that you feel like you 'fit in'. I'm kinda like you around people. I get in a comfort zone and don't like being awkward (which I feel quite a bit). I just like to be with certain people. Maybe we should just buy the house beside you then I'll be good :)

mamalena said...

Well, anyhow, Paige, you made an excellent contribution. Accompanying, doing the devotional, doing the awards.....plus being mommy and helping with kitchen stuff....and your kiddies are doing great...so you can't really say you've FAILED them...haha.

mamazee said...

and then there`s me who is you to the extreme that i didn`t even go this year or last. But i am really grateful for all the work that went into it _ and grateful to *you* for keeping an eye on my littles and giving me the skinny afterwards :) maybe next year i will be braver...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist