Tuesday, September 1, 2009

sojourner-ephraim

i named my blog when i felt like i was walking through a bit of a desert. i had to go back & see when i posted my very first post - pheuf... i can't believe it was 2006!
i guess it is a bit of a mouthful, but it was a name that i could wrap my mind around at the time & it's meaning still resonates with me now.
Sojourner means a temporary traveller - or to reside temporarily.
Ephraim is the name that Joseph gave to his second son - it means "fruitful" & Joseph named him that because he said that God had made him "fruitful even in the land of my oppression". Regardless of the fact that he had been sold into slavery by his own brothers & imprisoned for his integrity... God allowed Joseph to bear fruit.
As a follower of Jesus, i know that this world is not my permanent home... Heaven is my home - & i'm just a sojourner here....
My prayer is that while i sojourn here, that God would make me fruitful too...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist