Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This is the 'more to come' post...

After a turn out of 350 their first year (they expected 75) they had over 750 their second year... i think this speaks to a need being filled...
Caleb's balloon (below) & Hope's balloon (above)...


This is my sweet friend jen - aka "J" - one of the most generous with her broken heart, people i've ever met... Her & her beautiful son Brennan have had an enormous impact on me. Last year at the walk, she was pregnant with her little cutie, Kellan - & this year i get the pleasure of carrying a fresh life. So good to have friends to share your joy & help carry your grief. Having my friends & family there - acknowledging their little ones - Melissa's Jaron & Chavonne, my sister's little one, Charis - made for company - where there is usually solitude. Our balloon tags... Still didn't know what to write a whole year later...




Something new this year: they had a memory line... such a perfect addition. So hard to think of the perfect words - with frigid hands & a crowded table. Next year, i will be prepared...







They had a harpist & a violinist this year - as well as the same speaker as last year... i need to go read her blog to see what she said... i had a bunch of little monkeys that were acting like little monkeys - & even though i loved having all my little ones there... they were a little distracting.

They also collected donations of teddy bears for bereaved parents. It seems like there were no ideas left unthought of...



& so... i'm done...
with thoughts left unblogged...
images in my mind of parents - eyes searching - looking heavenward -
an understanding that grief and separation are temporary - but that temporary means a lifetime of missing my little ones...

1 comment:

Jen said...

'P'

I love that you made that list of all the other babes...so thoughtful.

I like what you said about the memory line: "with frigid hands and a crowded table" NEXT YEAR WE WILL BE PREPARED!!! :)

I may want the cupcake table picture - it's better then mine :)

I like the pic of us. Maybe I'll have the belly again next year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist