Tuesday, March 23, 2010

blessed...

The doorbell rings again - it's another friend dropping off oranges, apples and muffins from the farmers market. My littles devour the fruit - & i don't even make it downstairs to the door to say, "Thank you" - Neil says it for me.
Other friends dropped off cinnamon buns, lasagne, banana loaf, flowers.... even pants, cd's, books and chocolate...
i have hardly cooked since i hurt myself. & it's such a huge burden lifted.
i have to kind of put away my independence & pull out my gratitude.
Kindness & thoughtfulness are not my strengths - Maybe my Father is showing me - so gently - through the example of His servants - how much these gifts lend strength to the people who are in need.
Kindness.... thoughtfulness... Yes... that sounds like Him...
Maybe He is using these days to strip away another filthy layer of selfishness... and pride. Maybe i should be grateful for that, too.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Glad you guys are being looked after so well... that's how the body of Christ should be, reaching out to one another in love. You are blessed by receiving the acts of kindness and those that give are blessed by "doing" for someone else.

Saskatchewan Cousin

Lori-Dawn said...

So glad the need is being met Paige! I haven't forgotten about you, please know that. You have enough girls in your house that I'll not risk giving you all lice! lol
Blessings and prayers to you!

Lori-Dawn said...

lol, Blessings to you, Prayers FOR you...not to you...hehe I DO realize that you're not God...despite how "supermom" you indeed are!

Mindy said...

Wonderful! And I love how you're choosing to look at things. Sounds like you're on to something. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist