Friday, February 25, 2011

humour me...

"Kiss me..." i begged, "Hold me in your arms."
"i'm getting too old for this." You grunted, and for just a moment, i thought you weren't gonna.
& then you turned, and i was wrapped, engulfed, smothered, in your arms.
And then, the day...
You had your coffee in a to go cup... i knew as i crept out of bed - after being up no less than 4 times in the night - that i would only have ten precious minutes before you opened the door, climbed in the van and drove to the airport... i could have stayed in bed, but you didn't want to be alone for those early morning minutes - & so i humoured you, my crackling morning voice offering a friendlier good morning... and good bye.
Let's never get too old to humour each other, k?

1 comment:

Alisdair said...

My hubby left in the wee hrs of the morning (before 4 a.m.) and I missed him leaving ... made me feel lonely in the night...

Saskatchewan Cousin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist