Monday, April 11, 2011

His heart...

Have i written about this before? It feels familiar...
& yet -
i feel like i'm learning it for the very first time.
Last week - in one incredible, overpowering moment, i felt like my heart would break - over something that there was no *physical* way that i could do anything about it.
My littles were out of the house, so they didn't hear me cry aloud to the One who hears all, sees all, is always present, "God... Don't do that. Please don't give me a heart for *that*... "
& it washed over me - that it wasn't about what i could or couldn't do... it was about my heart. i don't think i ever really wanted my heart to break for the things that break my Father's heart...
But i do now...
So, Father - show me the ways i can act - don't let me become complacent in the areas that you have called me to *do something*...
But even when my hands are tied...
Break my heart... Make me long for *good things* - even when it would only be through a miracle that i would see those *good things* come to pass.
Bring me to a place of brokeness - so that even in my sorrowing, i can become more like you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist