Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Who's Your Favourite Person On Earth?

She came upon me unawares, as i tidied our breakfasting from the kitchen and put it back to rights.
"Who's your favourite person on earth?" she asked, all traces of her kindergarten lisp evaporated in my first grade girl...
"Daddy." i said - not glancing down at blond head bobbing beside me.
"You're mine, 'cause you made me." She grins, her eyes sparkling, reaching to hug me as i laugh and grab her to me.
And that's when i plunged over the precipice...
"Well, daddy helped."
The flame of intelligence alight in her eyes, i see the mechanisms of her mind spring to life and she utters the unanswerable, "How?"

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

LOL!! Oh Paige.... Can't wait to hear how you got out of that one... :)

stephanie said...

Yes mama, "how?"
*grin*

Jen said...

Part 2 tomorrow? ;)

Lola said...

haha!

Alisdair said...

I would have copped out and said "God made you!!!"

Lori-Dawn said...

HAHAHAHA oh Paige...that was an oops eh? hee hee

lovefam6 said...

Talk about a cliff hanger! C'mon Paige, let us read the rest of the story ;)

Luke Holzmann said...

[laughing]

~Luke

Marcy Payne said...

Very funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist