Thursday, November 17, 2011

exclamation points

neil has been using more exclamation points in his texts as of late. 
i think he's subconsciously trying to lift me - add a little spark, a little expression, a little excitement to his communication. 
"We should have chicken burgers for supper!"
"i took out the garbage!"
"i hope ephraim sleeps tonight!"
& i feel the corner of my mouth curl in a reluctant smile... He's poking me, prodding me to find the happiness amidst my grief. 
i'm gonna find my footing, babe... i am. 
i'm gonna laugh too loud again & interrupt your stories to tell mine.  i'm gonna crush your toes when i stand on them to wrap my arms around your neck and kiss you even when you flinch.  i know you have a hard time communicating your love - especially to me right now in my frailty... but i hear it. 
i do!

5 comments:

deborah said...

I like this post! A lot!
It so brought a smile to my face!

Paige, I ache for you. Grief can be such a sad, lonely place...I know.
(((hugs)))

Carol said...

Sweet post!

Sara L said...

Super cute that you can read him that well!!

Jen said...

:)
I'm glad you had chicken burgers for supper....especially when it was paired with ceasar salad!
Hugs.

Marcy Payne said...

You made me laugh with this one. I love how you guys are in tune with each other even when you feel you aren't. You can read through his exclaimation points....what a great sense of humor you two must have!! (!!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist