Saturday, December 24, 2011

driving miss daisy... ahem... paigie

i'm posting this on Christmas Eve... when most people aren't probably reading blogs.  i'm posting it for the ones who are hiding in their rooms, avoiding the festivities, or who just need some alone time.  i'm posting it for the introverts, for the ones who need a teeny grin, for those who will be glad to welcome a New Year.  i'm posting it for the ones who feel invisible - bleeding and dying on the side of the road - the ones who are crying out for Immanuel, "God with us"... to see them.
Hey, you know what?  i'm thinking of you this Christmas...
1.) Here is a verse that has been ministering to me... Hosea 2:14 “Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her."
The whole context is a disobedient nation that needs to be punished... but He's going to "allure her... and speak tenderly to her..." because God?  He's like that. 

2.) Here is a post that might make you smile... Merry Christmas... now get back out there & Praise the God who speaks tenderly :) 

********************************
i was out with Cai the other night running errands & i had to laugh at my courageous 90lb daughter fearlessly driving our 12 passenger. 
She did great, navigating Christmas traffic and trying to muster the courage to actually go the speed limit.  We were working on breaking before a turn & hitting the gas midway through the turn and making wide "farmer" turns with our big vehicle into parking stalls.  She seemed to be absorbing every word i uttered (i turn into an auctioneer whenever she turns the key in the ignition).  But we were doing well, my little chauffeur and i, & i felt like, "k, we're getting the hang of this..."
We were all finished our errands & were coming out of that busy little shopping center on 130th when she took a turn just a turn just a touch too tightly and ran over the curb. 
"Whoops..." She barely whispered - nonchalantly under her breath as i gripped the seat and added in a shrill drone, "It'salrightkeepgoingjustalittletightontheturnyoucandothis!!"
As we continued out of the parking lot, i noticed an even larger, pristine 15 passenger - being driven by a Hutterite man.  We made eye contact & he had just the slightest smirk on his face... like he has likely been in my very seat at some point in his life. 
i saluted him as my daughter hit the gas, to take us home.

7 comments:

Carol said...

I am the introvert taking a break to check my favourite blogs! Thanks for posting.

My youngest son just turned 16 (you have to be 16 in Ontario to get your beginners) and we had our first lesson in an empty parking lot on Monday. It is not easy to learn to drive in a busy city. I am hoping my husband will take over most of the driver training - not my favourite thing to do!

Merry Christmas, Paige.

Jen said...

Hee hee. I'm hiding out taking a break too ;)
I like that verse.
The hutterite man may have been smirking since you too probably make a funny scene - 2 teeny tiny girls driving a monster van...just sayin' ;)

Jen said...

Hee hee. I'm hiding out taking a break too ;)
I like that verse.
The hutterite man may have been smirking since you too probably make a funny scene - 2 teeny tiny girls driving a monster van...just sayin' ;)

deborah said...

Ah Paige...I am reading posts on this Christmas eve. LOL

And hats off to you AND Cai! There's no way I could drive a beast like that...not after my little Civic.

Lesley said...

Just heading to bed...gotta check the posts before I go!

I will be thinking of you this Christmas...when all is different for you and I wish you 'comfort and joy'. With your 7 beauties around you, I am sure you will find both.

Lx

paige said...

Aww, i like all my introvert company in my bloggy lounge... (and those of you who are too introverted to comment... I like you too.)
Thank you, Lesley... Praying for peace too.

Melissa said...

I totally read this the other day, too... getting some peace and space has been difficult recently, but I'll take my nuggets when I can!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist