Friday, March 2, 2012

7 quick takes volume SEVEN

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 162)




1. When i spot grammatical errors on my blog after it has already been up for a long time, my cheeks burn & my heart beats really fast.  It's totally embarrassing & seems to be happening with increasing frequency these days.  Am i getting dumber?  Or am i not proof reading like i should?  Dunno - regardless, forgive me.  i hate reading stuff that's full of horrible spelling & grammar & i bet you do too.

2.  Y'know, i'm still doing 15 on Friday.  Sometimes i don't know why... but i don't feel completely 'released' from it yet.  The prayer part is... interesting.  i don't know if i'm learning or if i'm just banging my head on a brick wall.  Some days all i feel is exquisite rejection & i feel like i could just peel off my skin... in great slabs of ugly flesh... until i would become just bones, naked and so utterly unlovable... & yet, i can't stop proclaiming HIS GREAT LOVE... It's the great juxtaposition between how i feel & what i know to be true.  God help me. 

3.  Speaking of prayer... the other day in one of those moments that happens a million times, but this time it happened to catch like a little burr in my mind... we were praying during our morning school.  Mollen was grouchy for whatever reason & she kind of scowled as she sharply prayed, "Dear Heavenly Father..." thick resentment in her voice..." Give us a good day.  Amen." 
Then someone else prayed... & then someone else... & then suddenly i heard her little soprano, softened, beseeching the throne-room again, "God? Thank you for my family.  Could you help me to have a better attitude?" 
Oh, Holy Spirit... faithfully meet with us.  Challenge us when we allow bitterness to take root.  i'm so grateful for the opportunity to come before my Father with my little ones.  These are precious moments in these crazy fast years...

4.  Neil and the road are best friends.  Vancouver, Toronto, Chicago, Winnipeg... oh, baby... come home to me.  After only being home for 10 days total in January... i hoarded every one of the 13 days he was home in February.  i'm glad that his trips usually aren't long - & that he usually finds his way home for the weekends... i might nail his shoes to the floor soon though...

5.  At the time of the writing of #5 on this volume of 7 quick takes, this post has taken me three weeks to write.  We'll see if i ever get all the way to seven.

6.  For number six of the seven quick takes, i offer you the text i sent to my sister the other day:  "Ephraim found a little piece of brownie in my bra when i nursed him.  There *are* some pleasant surprises in life after all."

7.  And, an email conversation copied verbatim from my most recent emails with my halftime husband: 

me: Do you think of me during the day when you're working, or are you just too busy?  i've thought of you a freaking ton today... Maybe i should be working harder...

neil: All the time.  It is crazy. 

me: For reals?  Or are you smirking?

neil: Yup.

me: your friend brad scared the crap out of me today when i was driving.  Bad.  i miss you.  Cai is making supper tonight.  Her own version of roast beef.  She's adorable.  i adore you. 
p
ps. Did you mean yes for reals, or yes smirking? 

neil: All of the above. 

The end.

(ps - leave me a comment. i'm lonely.)

12 comments:

Jen said...

I noticed that grammatical error. I think of you differently now....

Totally joking. I just learned (learnt?) how to spell 'definitely' the other day and I use run on sentences like they are going out of style :)

Mollen's awesome. Must have a good momma.

I'll check in on you tonight - help you stay awake ;)

Melissa said...

This reminds me - I need to do another 7 quick takes... I've been so absent lately!

I love how the Holy Spirit just reached down and touched Mollen's little heart... that was my favourite part...

...and your text with Neil! :)

Actually, I liked it all. Really.

Unknown said...

I suck at grammar. You will have to forgive me if you read my blog. I hope you still read it sometimes .The go on and run run run run you know therace is on..after all xo ;) Totally don't know what that means. Geez. Lonely is my symphony. Want to be part of it? I am in the beginning of writing it...I do need a writer. A monologue on loneliness. A funny one..even. Just sayin..

Unknown said...

I suck at grammar. You will have to forgive me if you read my blog. I hope you still read it sometimes .The go on and run run run run you know therace is on..after all xo ;) Totally don't know what that means. Geez. Lonely is my symphony. Want to be part of it? I am in the beginning of writing it...I do need a writer. A monologue on loneliness. A funny one..even. Just sayin..

paige said...

Tanya - Steve Gershom just blogged about that (love his blog) - his solution was kung fu :) bahaha. Unfortunately - i have a billion little ties holding me in my house, so i don't think kung fu will help me :)

Jen - hahahahahahaha!! i HATE the word defintely. i always have to think about it. (Did i just spell that right?)

& Mel - as long as i'm recommending links - you'd love Conversion Diary (who hosts 7 quick takes) - she's smart (doesn't have spelling errors :) & funny.

Joy said...

Great list ~ especially #6 & # 7, hope March sees Neil traveling less.

mamalena said...

AKK....I wept all the way through this one. But I especially loved Mollen's prayers (she's a little soulmate of mine) and the brownie in your bra.... ("For what we are about to receive, let us be truly grateful")

Anonymous said...

#6 is the best! Classic mommy moment! Sherilyn

stephanie said...

Doug used to travel an insane amount and so I can totally relate to your feelings.
Sarah has found *treats* in my bra as well... lucky her!
As for #1, I am a grammar cop! I text in complete sentences and even my FB posts are complete thoughts!
I love your posts and eagerly look forward to receiving a touch of inspiration or encouragement when I read.

fawne said...

I am the same way when I see an error on my blog. :-) It doesn't bother me on other people's blogs at all though. (Not when it's just an occasional thing) I just figure that you're a super busy mom and sometimes it's hard to find the time to write, let alone take time to correct the grammar perfectly.
I absolute *love it* that you're still doing 15 on Friday...even though it's hard. I KNOW God will bless you for it even if you can't see it quite yet. Love you.

Mandy said...

Great post Paige! I am a terrible speller and I am relearning grammer with my Gr.5 student. I consider myself and unconditional blog reader! Make all the mistakes you want and I won't notice or care! I love your blog!

Sara L said...

1.I've never noticed your grammer. Must not be so bad. Or, I'm not so swift at grammer. Either works :)
2. 15 on Friday... wow, what an amazing commitment. I am somewhat speachless to know what to say. Partially, the ability to do that with consistancy is something I'd struggle with. And also the huge huge need for it. I'm glad you're plowing through, hopefully more people follow...
3. What a blessing to see your children's eye's open!
4. I'm begining to hate my hubby being gone... it just seems like forever...
5. I've tried to post a comment since you posted this. It's taken me about that long. Stolen moments right now too... :)
6. My youngest keeps trying to shove lego down mine.
7. So awesome that you can communicate so well via email. I struggle and I miss my hubby.

8... oh, this is just mine I guess. I think your 7 takes is great :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist