Friday, July 13, 2012

Thinking on the lovely...

Neil has been gone all week, but he'll be home late tonight. 
He sent me a text midweek that said, "Don't ask questions.  Pack a little overnight bag & be ready to leave Saturday noonish..."
(i had a dream that the text meant he was dropping me off at a stranger's house for a bbq while he went golfing.  Surely not?) 
i have to admit that there has been a lot of day dreaming going on since i got that text.  i find myself thinking on the lovely that this weekend will bring. 
Little ephraim has been sleeping with his mama this week.  He pats my cheek in the morning and asks for toast.  He's going through that whole 2 year old vocabulary explosion thing - and it's kind of awe inspiring to imagine that kind of growth is even possible.  Gagey is full of thoughtful, loving kindness - my sunshine boy - and the contrast between him and his stubborn, bossy little brother is hilarious.  It's beautiful to know even now, that their strengths will serve them in life; and that their weaknesses too - have opportunity to bring glory to God. 
Oh my little bonus boys... you make me think on the lovely. 
My little ones' prayers this morning;
"keep us safe."
"let it be fun."
"help me be good."
"thank you for mama."
And then we read about Solomon building a temple for the Name... His prayer of dedication,
"Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth - you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way."
Love is such a strangely described state of heart in this day and age... My Father shows me - tenderly, gently, violently - what it really means. 
Oh, the lovely, the lovely, the lovely. 
And the sun warms up the earth and i smell the moisture being sucked from the ground i talk to my little ones about those verses in Isaiah:

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.


And i want to feel the rain of His words - accomplishing in me what He desires - achieving the purpose for which He sent them.  
And i find myself tripping over little minefields of important moments to convey - i gather them in my hands like a bouquet of wild flowers.  
He's whispering, "this is the lovely, daughter... think on these things." 
And i do - i do, i do, i do. 

Philippians 4:8

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

playlist